Guys, I have really exciting news!!! This is huge. I mean, big time. Yeah, that’s right, the Playstation 4 was announced yesterday. Bring on the Killzone Shadow Fall.
Okay, sorry, I can’t even pretend. I just had to look up “Playstation 4 games” to find out the name of some popular games of this generation. I mean, my last game console was actually the original gray Playstation. I can’t even remember the name of my favorite game (It’s the one where you shoot the spaceships that line up and dive down at you. . . any ideas?).
But anyway, here’s the actual exciting news: My recipe was published in Cake Central Magazine this month! I contributed an article (quite similar to a blog post, actually) with a recipe and photos of a Strawberry Chantilly Cake inspired by my childhood. If you’re interested, you can check it out here (it’s the “strawberry sweetheart” mentioned on the front cover)!
Moving onto today’s treat: Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins. Mmm. Murgralhawerk (sorry, can’t talk, eating a muffin). I love banana bread, but it’s not something that I find myself making very often. That is, until the lovely folks at Chobani sent me over a few containers of their new blended Greek yogurts!
One of those flavors just happened to be Vanilla Chocolate Chunk yogurt, which oh yeah, contains real chunks of chocolate! I realized that this yogurt could serve two purposes in my banana bread: Replace oil/butter and add in some deelish chocolate. Genius, eh? (Although I also added in some chocolate chips of my own because, well, I have no self control).
My sister gave these rave reviews, telling me that these muffins are the “best things you’ve made in a while.” Although, is that really a compliment? Or, is it what someone might term a “complisult?” Either way, I would say that these muffins are pretty darn good. Happy Friday!
I suppose it’s customary to put something called a disclaimer here? Okay, here goes: My views on the genius of putting chocolate in breakfast food are expressly my own. I was not paid by Chobani to endorse their product. They did, however, send me some Greek yogurt samples, which I think is very nice.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins
Yield: Approximately 12 muffins
1) 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2) ¾ cups sugar
3) ¼ teaspoon salt
4) 1 teaspoon baking soda
5) ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
6) 3 large overripe bananas, mashed
7) 1/3 cup Greek yogurt (I used Chobani’s Vanilla-Chocolate Chunk yogurt)
8) 1 egg
9) 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-muffin pan or grease thoroughly. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
2) In a separate, larger mixing bowl, mix together mashed bananas, Greek yogurt, and egg until thoroughly combined.
3) Stir in dry mixture a little at a time to the banana mixture until just combined. Finally, stir in chocolate chips. Bake in preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!